Drupal, the most powerful opensource Content Management system, is mostly used for corporate site, blog, community web portals and eCommerce. And now, it’s powering around 2.1% of all websites worldwide.
And a Drupal-specialized hosting is critical to building a successful Drupal site. Best Drupal Hosting in below are web hosts who outperform their competitors on hosting features, uptime and server speed with expert level support.
Best Drupal Hosting 2016
|Rank||Drupal Web Hosting||Basic Features||Advanced Features||Price||Rating||Website|
Inmotion Hosting Review
And please refer to How We Select the Hosting Award Winners about the process we select the hosting award winners.
Why They are the Best Drupal Hosting
All above 3 web hosts offer dual version of PHP (PHP 5.5+ and PHP 5.6+), which means no matter your site is developed using Drupal 7 or Drupal 8, you could always find the best version of PHP from them.
Besides this, they also offer many other great features to make their web server friendly to Drupal, such as:
- PHP memory_limit is set to be 64MB or higher
- PHP run as suPHP for increased Drupal security
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- World Class data center with powerful than normal web servers
- Fast & responsive customer support. All of them have been in business for 5+ years, their performance are trackable.
Best Drupal-Friendly Hosting – GreenGeeks
The web servers of GreenGeeks are well-optimized for Drupal, which even makes them the offical host of book “Drupal for Dummies”. We have see many very positive reviews from Drupalers who host their sites with GreenGeeks.
What else differentiate GreenGeeks from their competitors are their customer support and the social responsiblity. As one of the world’s Best Green Hosting, GreenGeeks purchase 3 times Green Energy to compensate for the power used by their servers and offices, which means by working with them, you will save the earth instead of having negative impact on the environment. And there should be no surprise that a company with social responsiblity will provide top support to their customers.
To know more the features about GreenGeeks Drupal hosting, please visit GreenGeeks to claim for 50% off deal.
Best Drupal Hosting for Businesses – InmotionHosting
InmotionHosting is a leading Business hosting provider who is well-known for super fast web server and second-to-none customer service. All their web servers are 100% Dell made with at least 24 CPU core, 32GB memory and RAID-10 storage. During our testing, we found InmotionHosting beat all the other web hosts on speed when running Drupal.
Datacenter of InmotionHosting are setup with very fast connections to all the other continents, by which your web site can response quickly to the traffic from world wide (not just in US). InmotionHosting is the best Drupal Hosting for your business Drupal site.
Visit Inmotionhosting to know all the features about InmotionHosting Drupal hosting.
Popular Web Hosting for Drupal – Bluehost
Bluehost is one of the largest Linux hosting service providers, and it’s also the winner of top 10 web hosting this year. Its hosting service comes with almost everything you need when creating a site. Its web servers are well-optimized for almost all php & MySQL based web sites, which include Drupal for sure. Besides, you could always find all the popular versions of PHP from their web servers, which will release you worry about compatibility issues of Drupal.
The most popular solution from Bluehost is it Plus shared hosting, which starts with $9.99/mo. However, now with special Bluehost Coupon, all new customers of Bluehost could receive up to 60% off, which make its price low to $3.95/month only. It’s really the most high quality and affordable Druapl hosting you could find in the industry.
Want to know more about Bluehost, you could visit Bluehost.
Last one, all above 3 companies guarantee at least 30 days money back guarantee periods (InmotionHosting guarantees on 90 days), which is long enough for you to evaluate their service for your Drupal site.
Drupal Hosting Tutorials
Want to find the best web hosting for Drupal? In below, we will guide you how.
According to the statement from Drupal official site, the minimal Drupal hosting requirements are
- Drupal 7: MySQL 5.0.15+ and PHP 5.2.5+ (PHP 5.4 is Recommended)
- Drupal 8: MySQL 5.5.3+ and PHP 5.5.9+
It looks easy to find a web hosting for Drupal as there are hundreds of thousands of web hosts out there which offer hosting with those features included.
But to fully enable the power of Drupal, you will need more.
- Powerful Web Server. Drupal is much more powerful and flexible than the other CMS. But in the other hand, it has higher needs on memory, CPU and other hardware resources. Some web host use web servers with slow CPU or low memory to offer hosting service, which obviously could not support Drupal well.
- Linux & Apache is Recommended. Drupal is an application developed by php, and run against MySQL or PostgreSQL. Linux & Apache offer perfect environment to run this type of applications, and what even better is that they are open source and free.
- At least 64MB PHP Memory Limit. The minimal memory requirement (php memory_limit) for Drupal 7 is 32MB, but it would be good to increase it to be 64MB. Not all web hosts allow you to increase memory to 64MB, check with them before subscribe to their service.
- Drupal Friendly Customer Support. A Drupal-friendly web host should have good knowledge on Drupalto help on trouble shooting when their customers have issues related to Drupal. It’s painful to work with a web host knowing nothing about Drupal.
- 1-Click Drupal Installation. 1-Click Drupal installation is not that valuable for an experienced Drupal webmaster, but it’s definitely help Drupal newbies a lot.
- Host multiple domains in one hosting account. With Drupal, you can install mutil-sites using only one Drupal instance, if your web hosting solution doesn’t support this feature, it’s really very regretful for a Drupal developer.
In general, if you are a Drupal beginner or your site is not very busy now, we would like to check out one of the shared web hosting we have listed in above. But if your site gets very business, then you should consider VPS hosting, or Dedicated Server hosting.
More Drupal Tutorials
To setup a Drupal site, below are some useful tips you might have interest: